[Twisted-Python] Ubuntu package of Twisted 11.0 for Lucid

Alexandre Quessy alexandre at quessy.net
Sun May 1 09:53:15 MDT 2011

Hello Twisted developers,

2011/4/29 Alexandre Quessy <alexandre at quessy.net>:
> I just made a Ubuntu package of Twisted 11.0 or Ubuntu Lucid (10.04)
> and put in on a PPA:
> https://launchpad.net/~sat-metalab/+archive/metalab

Here are some more information about the packaging effort I have done.
(I needed the fix #3948 for the wx reactor)

I put my packaging in a Git repository, since I use git-buildpackage:
https://github.com/aalex/ubuntu-twisted
I started from the current package in Debian unstable, and changed
some version numbers for build-deps and deps until it worked. (I
didn't change much)

The only thing I am not sure about is the fact I commented a call to
dh_python2 in the debian/rules file:
https://github.com/aalex/ubuntu-twisted/blob/master/debian/rules#L131
I think it should be OK though, because we use python-central, not
dh_python2.

I guess someone could test it and then move it to the official Twisted
PPA.
(I works fine as far as I can tell)
Please someone let me know when this is done, or if you guys need any
help about this.

Thank you!
--
Alexandre Quessy