[Twisted-Python] Deferred documentation.

Peter Hogg dev at vokoda.com
Tue Mar 29 06:56:26 MDT 2011

I haven't been following the thread, but just wanted to mention
something that caught me out when I was learning to use deferreds.

Both the old deferred documentation and your fix-up fail to mention
addCallbacks() until near the end, when in practice I find
addCallbacks() to be much more useful than addCallback(). The diagram
near the top demonstrating the deferred process also implies the use of
addCallbacks(), even though prior to this only addCallback() and
addErrback() have been mentioned. This confused me into thinking a
consecutive addCallback().addErrback() would register a callback and an
errback at the same point in the processing chain.

Apart from this point I found the old documentation very clear. If you
really want the idiots guide I think you need animated diagrams, or
something, but I don't see that happening.

Rgds,
vokoda