[Twisted-Python] prerelease preview predocumentation

Tim Allen screwtape at froup.com
Sun Mar 27 20:09:50 MDT 2011

On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 09:57:28PM -0400, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:
> On Mar 23, 2011, at 9:34 PM, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:
> > <http://twistedmatrix.com/~glyph/sphinx-preview-11.0pre1/>
>
> Anyone have comments about this?  With all the recent excitement about the docs, I thought there would be a much more active thread here!

I think it looks lovely - but then, even Kevin's first drafts looked
lovely, so I didn't think that was particularly comment worthy.

I hope to be able to help out with the markup and spacing nitpicking,
once whoever's responsbile says "Yes, this is good enough, it can be our
official doc system from now on."

I'm not sure if it's not finished yet, or I did something stupid, but
I tried to test out the search system by picking a word I figured would
be common in Twisted code ("addCallbacks"), and... got no hits. Even
"Twisted" gets no hits. At least, I assume that's what's going on;
there's no "No results found" message, but no results are displayed.

> Thoughts about whether we should link it from the front page?

I'm not sure if a "try our new documentation system" link should be on
the website's front page, but it's definitely the sort of thing you'd
put on a mailing-list, or blog-post, or Planet Python, or your
microblogging venue of choice. You know, just to get the message out
that the Twisted project cares about its documentation and Things are
Actually Being Done. :)