[Twisted-Python] Old-class-only support in manhole

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Sun Mar 27 07:52:27 MDT 2011

On 04:23 am, glyph at twistedmatrix.com wrote:
>On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 2:47 PM, Facundo Batista
><facundobatista at gmail.com>wrote:
>>On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 3:13 PM,  <exarkun at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
>>
>> > The idea here is cool, and I think it would be nice to support it,
>>but
>> > this code is pretty gross and, as far as I know, broken.  I think we
>> > should think about getting rid of it.  If we go that route, then you
>> > should be able to ignore it for your Python 3 porting efforts.
>>
>>However, I added a couple of tests for that code, just to test the
>>line I changed from 'new' to 'types' module (it was requested by the
>>reviewer in Trac).
>
>It would definitely be nicer to make it work than to remove it.  You
>should
>just feel free to consider the option of removing it if making it
>function
>correctly is an unreasonable amount of work.

I don't know.  Skim
http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/browser/trunk/twisted/manhole/explorer.py?rev=31448
and see if you think it's actually fixable. :)

In any case, Facundo did write tests that cover the lines he needed to
change for that ticket, and I applied his patch to trunk.  Still, as far
as I know explorer doesn't actually work, and most of explorer.py is
still untested.

Jean-Paul