[Twisted-Python] prerelease preview predocumentation

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Mar 23 19:34:42 MDT 2011

Dear Twistizens,

Unfortunately, the Sphinx documentation didn't quite officially make the cut for the 11.0 release.  Our release toolchain still needs updating, someone needs to review the rst sources, etc.  Until all that's done, all documentation changes will still need to be Lore patches.  Plus, I kinda hope that someone manages to get <http://tm.tl/2443> merged before we pull the trigger.

However, we've been generating Sphinx output for quite a while, and quite a lot of work has gone into its presentation.  It seems a pity to let that go to waste.  So, while our official documentation remains at <http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/> (and that is the URL that will be updated when the release goes out), I've decided to host some un-official documentation with all the snazzy styling that Kevin Horn prepared for us here, to go with the pre-release that Jessica McKellar just announced:

<http://twistedmatrix.com/~glyph/sphinx-preview-11.0pre1/>

I know that there's some extraneous spacing; that will be fixed after the ReST sources make it to trunk, unless someone feels like fixing it in <https://bitbucket.org/khorn/lore2sphinx>.  (Also, API documentation links for new features will be broken until the 11.0 API documentation is pushed to <http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/api/>.)

However, this documentation snapshot should be otherwise usable, and I'm contemplating linking to it from the front page.

Please be aware that this is not a stable URL, and any links to it will break after a while; I have no fixed schedule for taking it down, but it will definitely go away when the final documentation branch is merged.  Otherwise, though, read documentation to your hearts' content.

Share and Enjoy,

-glyph