[Twisted-Python] Deferred documentation.

Itamar Turner-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Tue Mar 22 06:28:27 MDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-03-21 at 21:30 -0400, Jasper St. Pierre wrote:

> The former is a tutorial that I tried to make informal as possible,
> and the latter is a fixup and rewrite of defer.xhtml stuff to make it
> a bit less, uh, dense.

I like the fixup, it's a good start, especially explaining the
motivation. We can probably drop the "generating deferreds" and
"deferreds in depth" howtos too by merging in any minor details they
mention that this doesn't. Some parts are still cumbersome, e.g.
"However, a Deferred is not a token that allows you to get a specific
result back. You can only get the result by adding callback. This is
because you can add..."