[Twisted-Python] TestCase methods names

Jamu Kakar jkakar at kakar.ca
Wed Mar 16 23:19:03 MDT 2011

Hi Facundo,

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 3:57 PM, Facundo Batista
<facundobatista at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, I propose to stick to the same method names than Python; this way
> we'll be more consistent and easy to learn than keep providing all
> variants.
>
> In concrete, I say that we should:
>
> - Deprecate those names that are deprecated in Python 3 (I mean, still
> provide the functionality, but with a DeprecationWarning)
>
> - Stop using them in internal code.
>
> - Fix documentation to explain all this and show the chosen methods.
>
> What do you think?

A note about assertEqual--at PyCon 2010 Michael Foord announced that
the order of arguments should be assertEqual(expected, actual).  It
would be good to start using that convention everywhere, in addition
to the changes you've recommended above.

Thanks,
J.