[Twisted-Python] prerelease preview predocumentation

Tristan Seligmann mithrandi at mithrandi.net
Mon Mar 28 01:20:22 EDT 2011

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 4:19 AM, Glyph Lefkowitz
<glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
> On Mar 27, 2011, at 10:09 PM, Tim Allen wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure if it's not finished yet, or I did something stupid, but
> > I tried to test out the search system by picking a word I figured would
> > be common in Twisted code ("addCallbacks"), and... got no hits. Even
> > "Twisted" gets no hits. At least, I assume that's what's going on;
> > there's no "No results found" message, but no results are displayed.
>
> Hrm, this does indeed seem to be broken, but I have no idea why.  And this
> is exactly the sort of thing I had hoped to spot before we decide to go
> completely live with it :).  I hope Kevin will chime in.

The proximate cause of the lack of search results is this error:

$.getQueryParameters is not a function
http://twistedmatrix.com/~glyph/sphinx-preview-11.0pre1/_static/doctools.js
Line 179

I think this has something to do with doctools.js making incorrect
assumptions about how jQuery is being loaded / configured, but I don't
know enough about jQuery to be sure.