[Twisted-Python] Windows build slaves

Michael Tharp gxti at partiallystapled.com
Fri Mar 18 23:08:56 EDT 2011

Greetings,

I hear that Twisted needs some new/better/more reliable Windows build
slaves. My employer has plenty of ESX capacity, and I know that a few
other people are interested in helping out as well, so perhaps this a
good time to clarify the requirements:

Which platforms: XP and 7? 32bit and 64bit? Any interest in the server
editions?

Per-machine requirements: how much HDD and RAM? Any weird stuff like
serial ports?

Connectivity: Is NAT OK, or are inbound connections required?

Do maintainers need access to the hypervisor, or is it adequate to have
a watchdog to reboot crashed slaves?

Contingent on employer approval, I can donate 4 VMs (one of each flavor)
with 2GiB of RAM and tens of GB storage each, including MSDN licenses.
The limitations are that they would be on a NAT-only subnet with no
possibility of inbound ports, and that there would be no hypervisor
access. However, I can provide a watchdog to deal with crashed slaves
and a VPN could be arranged if there's a public endpoint I can direct it
to. I'm also "generally pretty accessible" although Glyph unsurprisingly
indicates that people have failed to live up to that promise in the past
:P   The offer is flexible, I'm just trying to start small to feel out
the requirements.

--
Michael Tharp
rPath, Inc.