[Twisted-Python] Does twisted have plan to support python 3.x?

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Jun 29 08:27:58 EDT 2011

On 08:50 am, dynamicgl at gmail.com wrote:
>   I heard that Python 3.3 may support coroutine natively via yield
>generator. I am interested in how this thing can affect twisted
>development.

Glyph wrote a good summary of the Python 3.x plan on Stack Overflow:

    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/172306

You can also help out with the porting work and follow the progress of
others by watching tickets in the Python-3.x milestone:

    http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/milestone/Python-3.x

Meanwhile, twisted.internet.defer.inlineCallbacks offers essentially all
of the same features as you'll get from PEP 380 (which I think is what
you're talking about when you say "support coroutine natively via yield
generator"), and works on Python 2.5 through 2.7.

There's also corotwine, which is even more extreme (than either
inlineCallbacks or PEP 380):

    https://launchpad.net/corotwine

Jean-Paul