[Twisted-Python] Async-pep (again)

Tim Allen screwtape at froup.com
Thu Jul 14 04:26:50 MDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 07:05:38PM +1000, Tim Allen wrote:
> - You might also want to create an optional Transport method to wrap the
>   sendfile(2) and/or splice(2) functions.

I suggested this not knowing whether Python would ever grow support for
sendfile(), since it seemed like the sort of thing that
performance-oriented async-io frameworks might want to set up with
ctypes or similar. However, I've just discovered that os.sendfile() will
be in Python 3.3:

    http://docs.python.org/dev/library/os.html#os.sendfile

Since your PEP has a 3000-series number anyway, os.sendfile() might
potentially be quite useful.