[Twisted-Python] what is the status of storm integration with twisted?

Jamu Kakar jkakar at kakar.ca
Tue Jul 12 05:02:43 MDT 2011

Hi Ilja,

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 9:38 AM, Ilja Livenson <ilja.livenson at gmail.com> wrote:
> basically, $subj. I really like the DeferredStore concept introduced
> in storm/twisted-integration, but it seems that that branch is lagging
> behind on merging (for 2 years now). Any inside info, perhaps?

The branch is not being actively maintained, though I do believe some
folks are using it in production systems.  The way we've been
recommending people use Storm with Twisted is by running transactions
in threads with deferToThread.  Free recently landed some code in
storm.twisted.transact that makes pursuing this model, with a thread
pool, fairly straightforward.

Thanks,
J.