[Twisted-Python] Twisted bzr mirror (Was: Twisted Project Jobs Volunteer)

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Wed Jul 6 13:51:52 MDT 2011

Hi,

To move things forwards, I would like to discuss the next actions for
BZR mirror. After the BZR mirror is done, I will look at git.

Launchpad BZR mirror
----------------

AFAIK Launchpad can only import a single svn branch, so importing all
twisted in-development branches in Launchpad is not possible.

Right now, Twisted trunk is mirrored into Launchpad using the bzr mirror
and the last change is : 15922. By exarkun on 2011-06-14.

Maybe Launchpad can be configured to mirror the SVN trunk branch,
instead of the BZR branch.
In this way Launchpad mirror will not depend on Twisted BZR mirror
errors.

Jonathan Lange, do you think this is a good idea?

Twisted self hosted BZR mirror

In the following days I will look at the current state of BZR mirror
available here http://svn.twistedmatrix.com/bzr/Twisted/ , document the
tools used for maintaining the mirror and try to reproduce a mirror on
my server.

Cheers,
Adi