[Twisted-Python] SURVEY: Have you submitted a patch to Twisted and it never got in?

Itamar Turner-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Wed Jul 6 06:04:16 MDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-07-06 at 13:10 +0200, Johan Rydberg wrote:

> I was mostly thinking about the persistent connection functionality
> for twisted.web.client.Agent.

We definitely want this to get in, this was a large part of the
motivation for Agent in the first place.

> Maybe Twisted would benefit more from having that functionality in
> place, than having the super-perfect API between Agent and HTTP
> parser.

The goal is not so much a perfect API as something we won't have to
deprecate soon after because we realize there are some requirements that
can't be addressed in a backwards compatible way. In this case, the
cookie, proxy and other agent wrappers that have been created mean we
now have a better understanding of what the Agent API looks like from a
higher level, which should help.