[Twisted-Python] Ways to register stuff only done for backwards compatibility

Itamar Turner-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Tue Jul 5 08:03:40 MDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-07-05 at 14:32 +0200, Laurens Van Houtven wrote:

> In doing twisted.positioning I find my self writing a bunch of code in
> ways I would ordinarily write it differently, because we have to
> support 2.4 still (when is that going away? Isn't the most recent RHEL
> 2.6 already?).

The plan was to drop 2.4 as of 11.2. At the rate things are going
(someone review #5118 so I can merge it and put up #5063 for review!) we
may not have 11.2 this year, only 11.1... in which case I'd be happy to
drop 2.4 in this release. Others may disagree - discuss it here:

http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/4962