[Twisted-Python] SURVEY: Have you submitted a patch to Twisted and it never got in?

Jason J. W. Williams jasonjwwilliams at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 12:20:38 MDT 2011

Sent via iPhone

Is your email Premiere?

On Jul 1, 2011, at 11:41, Glyph Lefkowitz <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

> Can you be more specific, please?  What's painful?

Re-syncing whatever changes JP (just as an example of a reviewer) has made back into your local repo from SVN...which due to SVN's weakness on branch tracking makes merging fail frequently...then making your changes...generating a manual patch and finally uploading it to Trac.

It would be far simpler to setup my DVCS to track JP's remote copy of my ticket's branch...then simply pull from that remote...make my changes and request he pull from me when he's ready to review. Automates the whole process quite a bit and reduces the round trip yak shaving.

-J