[Twisted-Python] Reconnection to Serialport after connectionLost

Rene Klootwijk rene at klootwijk.org
Sun Jul 31 17:45:39 EDT 2011

I have written several daemons that listen to the serialport. Everything
works well, however the serial port connections are actually USB connections
over IP (using an USB network hub). This means the connection is lost once
in a while which is detected and triggers the connectionLost method of the
protocol. I tried numerous things to reconnect to the serial port but
without success. When I reconnect to the serial port I doubt what to do with
the reactor parameter, when I specify the current reactor, I am able to
reconnect to the serial  port, the connectionMade method of the protocol is
triggered, but it will never trigger dataReceived although I know data is
arriving. Does any body have a glue how you can reconnect to the serial port
within a running reactor loop?

--

Rene