[Twisted-Python] Twisted bzr mirror (Was: Twisted Project Jobs Volunteer)

Jonathan Lange jml at mumak.net
Sun Jul 10 12:27:11 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 8:51 PM, Adi Roiban <adi at roiban.ro> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> To move things forwards, I would like to discuss the next actions for
> BZR mirror. After the BZR mirror is done, I will look at git.
>

> Launchpad BZR mirror
> ----------------
>
> AFAIK Launchpad can only import a single svn branch, so importing all
> twisted in-development branches in Launchpad is not possible.
>
> Right now, Twisted trunk is mirrored into Launchpad using the bzr mirror
> and the last change is : 15922. By exarkun on 2011-06-14.
>
> Maybe Launchpad can be configured to mirror the SVN trunk branch,
> instead of the BZR branch.
> In this way Launchpad mirror will not depend on Twisted BZR mirror
> errors.
>
> Jonathan Lange, do you think this is a good idea?

I'm pretty sure that you can mirror arbitrary branches from a
Subversion repository.

One thing you could do is have a post_commit hook in the Twisted SVN
repo that creates import branches on Launchpad when needed and tells
Launchpad when branches have changed.

Oh, and yes I think it's a good idea.

Thanks for volunteering!

jml