[Twisted-Python] Ways to register stuff only done for backwards compatibility

Jonathan Lange jml at mumak.net
Wed Jul 6 06:43:57 EDT 2011

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 2:41 PM, Laurens Van Houtven <_ at lvh.cc> wrote:
> By "registration" I meant  stuff where we could put reminders that some code
> can be cleaned up now.
>
> Perhaps that means "ticket", if there's some way to mark a ticket as being
> only relevant when we stop supporting $PYTHON_VERSION_WHATEVER?

Jp's excellent points aside, could we just use the code itself to do
this? Whenever you see something that looks overly complicated and it
turns out that that complexity is there to provide support for older
Pythons, add a comment saying so. "2.3" is fairly easy to grep for,
and it's almost always a good idea to explain the motive behind ugly
code.

jml