[Twisted-Python] Moving Twisted off Trac and SVN to somewhere nicer

Alessandro Dentella sandro at e-den.it
Tue Jul 5 05:02:50 EDT 2011

On Tue, Jul 05, 2011 at 03:42:04AM -0400, Jasper St. Pierre wrote:
> re: Mercurial, I didn't like it when I used it. If someone can tell me
> how to do this[3] in hg, I'd be more inclined to play along. And that

I do this sort of things using mercurial queues. I pile up patches in a
queue and can subsequently navigate in the queue (hg qgoto fix_header1) and
fold it with a later one (hg qfold fix_header2).

While the queue is not yet committed I can change the commit log of a patch
in a simple way.

   hg qnew -f fix1 -m "this fixed issue 1"
   hg qnew -I debian/control -m "fix control"
   hg qnew -f fix1.1 -m "forgot something in issue 1"
   hg qgoto fix1
   hg qfold fix1.1  # This concatenate the 2 comments"
   hg qrefresh -e   # fix your comment as you like it
   hg qpush
   hg qfinish -a   # commit all queues currently applied

sandro
*:-)

--
Sandro Dentella  *:-)