[Twisted-Python] Moving Twisted off Trac and SVN to somewhere nicer

Jason J. W. Williams jasonjwwilliams at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 17:56:01 EDT 2011

> I did not say contributing shouldn't be easier; I said getting more
> contributions is pointless (and annoying to contributors!) if we can't
> manage to get them incorporated into trunk. If DVCS will make code easier
> to incorporate, by encouraging contributors to iterate on patches, then we
> should certainly do so. Given the feedback you and others have given that
> seems at least worth trying.

My apologies if I misunderstood what you were saying. If we can make it
easier to iterate that would address 95% of my current frustrations with the
process of contributing.

> There are other additional things we should work on though, e.g. giving
> better feedback to new developers.

 No argument. But the Twisted code standards are high and usually have a
high number of iterations to get any fix in...if we can get out of the stone
age of shuffling patch files around and get to some form of push/pull system
that would reduce a lot of my heartburn about "do this...OK looks good...now
do this too and integrate with ticket XYZ...great almost there...I think you
should do this now too...".

-J