[Twisted-Python] Moving Twisted off Trac and SVN to somewhere nicer

Laurens Van Houtven _ at lvh.cc
Fri Jul 1 09:23:59 EDT 2011

On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 3:17 PM, Jonathan Lange <jml at mumak.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 2:08 PM, Laurens Van Houtven <_ at lvh.cc> wrote:
> > On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 12:42 PM, Jonathan Lange <jml at mumak.net> wrote:
> >>  * Launchpad is open source & therefore patchable
> >
> > Yes, that's a good point. I like that it's open source (although it has
> an
> > unfortunate license). Is the patching of Launchpad by third parties
> followed
> > by those patches landing in production a common occurrence?
>
> Launchpad doesn't get a lot of external contributors, but their
> patches almost always land in production promptly. I suspect Launchpad
> is comparable to Twisted in this regard.

Well, part of the hypothesis of the effects of moving to Github is that a)
the clear separation between "core contributor" and "random contributor"
because a bit more subtle, b) it becomes easier for external contributors to
contribute. So yeah, I guess it is, but it'd be cool if it became a bit more
open to contributions from the more general public :)

> <https://dev.launchpad.net/Contributions> miscategorizes some people,
> but gives some idea.

Cool, thanks for the link. I had no idea there were that many.

> jml

cheers
lvh