[Twisted-Python] Using SerialPort with t.a.s.Application

Andrew Bennetts andrew at bemusement.org
Sat Jan 29 20:47:08 MST 2011

Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:
[...]
>    The whole idea of a glossary concerns me a little bit.  …  However, Twisted
>    does have its own jargon and a dictionary to help the novice parse it would
>    be a good thing.
>    What I'd really like to see in this regard is to make sure that every
>    "jargon term" is linked straight to API documentation

We already have a glossary:

<http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/core/howto/glossary.html>

And for what it's worth, it's entry for Service is:

    A twisted.application.service.Service [link to API doc]. See
    Application howto [link] for a description of how they relate to
    Applications [glossary link].

Superficially, this would appear to satisfy both you and Kevin: there is
a glossary, and it is very explicit (at least in this entry) that the
API doc is the canonical reference.

So whatever it is you're both asking for you perhaps both need to be
clearer about what it is :)

-Andrew.