[Twisted-Python] Refactoring Documentation

Tim Allen screwtape at froup.com
Thu Jan 20 18:20:01 MST 2011

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 06:34:17PM -0600, Kevin Horn wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 5:57 PM, Tim Allen <screwtape at froup.com> wrote:
> > You mean these DTDs?
> >
> >    twisted/lore/xhtml1-strict.dtd
> >    twisted/lore/xhtml1-transitional.dtd
> >
> > They reference the xhtml-*.ent entity definitions which are also in the
> > same directory. It would be neat if lore2sphinx could be taught to use
> > the DTDs packaged with lore instead of having to download them from the
> > Internet every time.
>
> Huh. Never even knew that was there.  It probably could, and the reason it
> downloads from the internet was because that's the default way of doing it
> in lxml.  I've since figured out how to override that behavior (which is how
> the caching works) so maybe that wouldn't even be hard.  The easiest/fastest
> fix for the moment though would probably be to pre-populate the cache as I
> mentioned before, since IIRC, this would just involve adding the file to my
> hg repo.  I'll have to look into it though, it may be just as easy to do it
> the other way, though I don't want to depend necessarily on having Twisted's
> code available (remember, this is supposed to work on the various divmod
> projects, and anything else that uses Lore, too).

Well, you wouldn't necessarily be depending on Twisted, just depending
on Lore - and I imagine any not-Twisted project whose documentation
depends on Lore has already made peace with the idea of depending on
Lore. :)

If it's easier to just copy these well-known DTDs into the lore2sphinx
repository, I guess that's a good plan too - it's not like the W3C is
going to suddenly issue updated XHTML DTDs.