[Twisted-Python] Twisted and ICP protocol

Richard Wall m-lists at the-moon.net
Tue Jan 11 13:37:39 MST 2011

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 9:29 PM, Roberto Franchesco
<robfranchesco at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been trying to get a squid proxy to "talk" to a twisted proxy
> and I came across an old email from this list where someone mentioned
> that they had implemented a basic ICP protocol in twisted.
> Does anyone still have that implementation?  Or any good pointers on
> setting me off in the right direction as to how to do this?

I don't know of a Twisted Protocol implementation of ICP, but there is
a Zope related project here:
 * http://pypi.python.org/pypi/zc.icp

You'll find it contains a nicely separate protocol module which you
might be able to reuse with Twisted. I've certainly used it with
Asyncore a few times.

-RichardW.