[Twisted-Python] Twisted Names - strange RuntimeError

Angelo Dell'Aera angelo.dellaera at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 08:42:44 MST 2011

On Sun, 09 Jan 2011 08:54:18 -0500
Itamar Turner-Trauring <itamar at itamarst.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 2011-01-09 at 12:10 +0100, Angelo Dell'Aera wrote:
> > Hi,
> > while developing a code based on Twisted Names I'm finding myself
> > catching RuntimeErrors like the one reported below.
>
> It seems like someone, somewhere is doing a startWriting() (or
> pauseProducing) on the Port object, i.e. the transport of the
> DatagramProtocol. Do you have any code that does
> startWriting/pauseProducing? I don't see any in twisted.internet.udp or
> twisted.names.

Hi Itamar,
I make no use of startWriting/pauseProducing in my code. I'm just creating
a client.Resolver and then using its lookup* methods as suggested in the
documentation at

http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/names/examples/

I just subclassed the client.Resolver in order to define an empty
connectionLost method this way

class TIPResolver(client.Resolver):
    def __init__(self):
        client.Resolver.__init__(self, resolv = '/etc/resolv.conf')

    def connectionLost(self, protocol):
        pass

r = TIPResolver()

but nothing more than this.

Thanks and cheers.

PS If you need I can send you the source code off-list.

--

Angelo Dell'Aera 'buffer'
Antifork Research, Inc.	  	http://buffer.antifork.org