[Twisted-Python] Porting twisted methods to a synchronous environment

Don Dwiggins ddwiggins at advpubtech.com
Mon Jan 24 14:26:54 EST 2011

I have a server that provides access to a database in the usual way,
using adbapi to talk to an MSSQL server.  Now, I'm facing the need to
create an application that can access the server directly.  (In addition
to, not instead of.)

In the spirit of "write it once", I'd like to be able to "import" the
server's database read/write methods into a module in the application,
possibly driven by a reactor of some sort.  In this case, there'd be no
client/server protocol, just calls from other modules in the application.

I realize that this is pretty vague; I'm still in the process of
conceptualizing it.  I'm looking for any advice that might help avoid
the all-too-obvious approach of copying code and performing surgery on
it, with the all-too-well-known drawbacks.

Thanks for any good words,

--

Don Dwiggins
Advanced Publishing Technology