[Twisted-Python] (conch) credentials.signature always None?

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saghul at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 18:55:50 EST 2011

Hi all,

I'm experiencing something weird while writing a simple SSH server,
and I wonder if anyone did run into this before:

On every snippet I see around regarding public key authentication, the
signature is checked as follows:

#        if not credentials.signature:
#            return failure.Failure(ValidPublicKey())
#        try:
#            public_key = keys.Key.fromString(data=credentials.blob)
#        except (keys.BadKeyError, keys.EncryptedKeyError):
#            return failure.Failure(ConchError("Public key error"))

However, I'm always getting None there and thus the authentication
cannot proceed. I printed its value in the sshsimpleserver.py from the
examples directory and same seems to be happening, so I guess it's not
only my script :-S

Any clue?

Thanks in advance!

--