[Twisted-Python] multicast

Pandelis Theodosiou ypercube at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 16:10:06 MST 2011

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 6:47 PM, Andrew Gasson <agasson at red-elvis.net>wrote:

> On 16/12/2010, at 5:10 PM, exarkun at twistedmatrix.com wrote:

> >> You should use listenMulticast regardless if you want to use multicast.
> >
> > Is that an error in the udp howto, then?  The second multicast example
> > uses listenUDP.
>
> check the ttl of your multicast source , they usually default to TTL=1 so
> wont pass a router hop, also with nix boxes check once you start listening
> you are listening on right interface with netstat -g
>
> Gas
> >
> > Jean-Paul

Thnx to all for the responses. It was a router configuration.

Now, is there a way I can select which interface to use (eth0 or eth1)?

I tried using

  joinGroup('233.75.215.44', 'eth0')

but it raises an error   (DNS Lookup failed...)

Pandelis
 <http://int.ask.com/web?siteid=10000861&webqsrc=999&l=dis&q=that%20eth0>