[Twisted-Python] Next release?

Jonathan Lange jml at mumak.net
Fri Feb 25 07:30:14 MST 2011

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 1:15 PM,  <exarkun at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
> On 10:57 am, jml at mumak.net wrote:
>>Hello everyone,
>>
>>I'd like for there to be a release of Twisted in March 2011, and I am
>>happy to do it. If someone else has already volunteered, or would like
>>to do it instead of me, they are welcome to be my guest, as long as
>>they follow & update the Release Process
>><http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/ReleaseProcess>.
>
> I created an 11.0 milestone a few days ago.
> <http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/milestone/Twisted-11.0>.  It almost gets
> a release out in March.

Thanks.

>>Perhaps it would be best to cut a release candidate before PyCon
>>starts?
>
> I don't have a problem with the schedule moving up.  To be explicit,
> though, that means that tickets resolved at the PyCon sprint will not be
> in 11.0.

Cool. I think this is OK, since it gives the code forged during the
heat of the sprint time to cool before being released.

Oops, metaphor. What I mean is, a lot of code gets written at sprints,
and because it's code it has bugs, and bugs take time to find.

And anyway, doing a release these days isn't *that* onerous.

jml