[Twisted-Python] LDAP recommendation

Anton Gyllenberg anton at iki.fi
Wed Feb 23 12:42:17 MST 2011

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 8:22 PM, Brent McConnell <emcconne at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm working on a web application that uses Cyclone (Twisted port or Tornado) and wanted
> to know if anyone had any recommendations for integration with LDAP.  I need to do basic
> authentication as well as add and modify users and groups (occasionally) from the app.
> I've looked around but haven't seen that much documentation on any LDAP client libraries
> that are "Twisted".  Ldapter is really all I've found and it looks unmaintained.  Any help would
> be appreciated.

I did a similar search a while ago and settled on using Ldaptor. The
basic LDAP client functionality
in Ldaptor seems rock solid. I believe the original, sole author has
not been active in a while, but the
code looks very well written and as long as it works that's good enough for me.

I have needed to make a few changes to Ldaptor to make it work for my
application. These
changes are currently published at http://github.com/antong/ldaptor.

Good luck and do post your results!
Anton