[Twisted-Python] ANN: MV3D 0.50 released!

Michael Handverger mike at mv3d.com
Sat Feb 19 14:39:00 MST 2011

I’m pleased to announce the v0.50 release of MV3D! With this new release, we are considering MV3D to be beta, which means future releases should not break backwards compatibility with existing data or API calls. The framework gains several major features this release such as a path-finding system for AI controlled characters (NPCs) and support for the Panda3D rendering engine.

Besides new features, an incredible amount of bugs have been fixed. Many of these include performance and tool chain fixes which together make this the most stable release of MV3D to date. To add to the polish, in 0.50, a user manual was added as a reference to new users.

MV3D is an open source virtual world simulation framework written in Python which uses Twisted for networking. It was designed with scalability in mind and aims to be able to distribute a world across as many servers as needed with dynamic load balancing.

For more information on MV3D and this or future releases, please visit the website at http://www.mv3d.com. The full release notes for version 0.5 are available at this url: http://www.mv3d.com/trac/browser/tags/mv3d-0.50/release-notes.txt

Also, feel free to stop by the IRC chat room, #MV3D on irc.freenode.net.

Thanks,
Mike