[Twisted-Python] Change to ticket workflow

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Sun Feb 6 15:12:33 MST 2011

Hi all,

Last weekend I changed the default owner for all components in the issue
tracker to be nobody.  I also installed the "DefaultCC" plugin which
lets us configure a list of users to be added to the cc list of tickets
on a per-component basis.

The motivation for this change is basically the fact that when people
see a ticket with an owner, they think that owner is either working on
the ticket or will be upset if someone else starts working on it.  This
has really never been the case with Twisted's development process.

Beyond this change, I think it may also be a good idea to remove owners
from most old tickets as well.  This will probably happen sometime in
the coming week, so don't be surprised when you look at your ticket list
and find it empty.

After this, if you actually want to work on a ticket, there's no reason
not to assign it to yourself.  The goal here is just to eliminate
accidental/careless ownership.

Jean-Paul