[Twisted-Python] Guidance needed on serial device interaction

Jason Heeris jason.heeris at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 03:11:35 MST 2011

On 2 February 2011 17:53, Albert Brandl <albert.brandl at weiermayer.com> wrote:
> "string" could be interpreted as "complete message". It might e.g. happen
> that a message arrives in three chunks. Each time a chunk is read, the
> dataReceived method is called. When it detects that the message is
> complete, it calls stringReceived with the content of the message.

Okay, but I don't see how to use that to solve my particular problem.
I'm not waiting passively to receive a complete string, I have to
react to whatever's sent back, character by character, either by
reporting completion, an error or sending more data. In effect, I
guess, each character is a "complete message" anyway. I don't think
the t.i.protocols offer much for that.

— Jason