[Twisted-Python] Using SerialPort with t.a.s.Application

Albert Brandl albert.brandl at weiermayer.com
Fri Feb 4 06:19:23 EST 2011

On Thu, Feb 03, 2011 at 07:00:39PM -0000, exarkun at twistedmatrix.com wrote:
> There are some tickets filed already for adding some other kinds of
> endpoints (eg an IPv6 endpoint -
> http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/4470), but it doesn't look like
> there's one for serial port, so yea - it would be great if you could
> file that one.

Here's the ticket: http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/4847

I don't know either if `serverFromString` or `clientFromString` is
"better" for a serial port. Not sure if this can even be determined
without knowing more about the purpose of the communication. Any
opinions?

I've added a corresponding remark to the ticket.

Regards,

Albert
--
Albert Brandl
Weiermayer Solutions GmbH      | Abteistraße 12, A-4813 Altmünster