[Twisted-Python] [Twisted] #5437: sys.settrace(None) in process.py raises RuntimeError in debugger

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Dec 21 13:55:32 EST 2011

On Dec 20, 2011, at 5:02 PM, Bob Novas wrote:

> Well, what wing's debugger does is to raise RuntimeError, and NOT CONTINUE
> to execute that path. So the child never runs. That's bad!  What more can I
> say?  I have to comment out that line every time I run on a new installation
> if I want to debug in linux (Windows doesn't go down that code path).

Sounds like a bug that Wing should really fix, then!

Can you perhaps point some of Wing's developers at <http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/5437#comment:1> and have them illuminate the situation?  I expect it might be more useful to hear from a paying customer than from some random people on the internet ;-).

-glyph