[Twisted-Python] SFTP Server sample

Michal Mach michal.mach at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 21:14:25 EDT 2011

Are you getting the error "Operation not permitted" when you try to do
directory listing?
This can be caused by running the SFTP server under a user which can't
change his
effective group and uid to 0 (uid of root user).
This is because when you login as user "foo" the server needs to execute all
subsequent
commands as this user (e.g. when you upload a file this file should be owned
by the user "foo")
and therefore temporary changing to user "foo".
This is exactly what the default implementation of UnixConchUser wants to
do, but fails and therefore you got
that error.

Regards,
Michal Mach