[Twisted-Python] 11.0 in PPA

Jonathan Lange jml at mumak.net
Mon Aug 15 11:33:45 EDT 2011

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 3:52 PM, Jessica McKellar
<jessica.mckellar at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
>> It would be nice if the ppa were up to date, though.  Maybe someone who
>> knows how to update it can share that information so that someone who
>> has time to keep it up to date can take over the job.
>
> I would like to volunteer for this. I don't know much about packaging
> and this seems like a good opportunity to learn.
>
> If there are no objections, what I'll do is:
> a) learn more about the ideal Twisted PPA situation (if you have
> thoughts on what that should be, tell me)

Current situation: It exists. Anyone in
https://launchpad.net/~twisted-dev can write to it.

Ideal situation:
 * 2 PPAs: daily & release
 * Daily PPA builds automatically after a test-passing change lands on trunk
 * Release PPA
   * Build of latest Twisted release for all supported releases of Ubuntu
   * Ideally packaging is good enough for upload to Debian (but ask
the maintainer)
   * If this can be automated, great

jml