[Twisted-Python] [ANN] txZMQ released

Andrey Smirnov smirnov.andrey at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 23:31:23 MDT 2011

Hi!

I would like to announce txZMQ, ZeroMQ bindings for Twisted. txZMQ is based
on pyzmq and requires recent ØMQ version (>=2.1).

txZMQ uses ØMQ APIs to get file descriptor that is used to signal pending
actions from ØMQ library IO thread running in separate thread. txZMQ should
be usable with any Twisted reactor.

ØMQ is:
 *  The socket library that acts as a concurrency framework.
 *  Carries messages across inproc, IPC, TCP, and multicast.
 *  Connect N-to-N via fanout, pubsub, pipeline, request-reply.
 *  Fast enough for clustered products and supercomputing.
 *  Asynch I/O for scalable multicore message-passing apps.

Bridging ØMQ and Twisted makes a nice match: fast simple messaging between
Twisted instances solving complex problems :)

Links:
   * PyPi: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/txZMQ/
   * Source code: https://github.com/smira/pyzmq
   * pyzmq: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pyzmq