[Twisted-Python] Did anyone use twisted on windows (IOCP)?

Dfgqq Dfgqq dynamicgl at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 09:11:36 MDT 2011

Hi glyph

   Thanks for your replying.. I didn't say it was a bug because it probably
caused by some incorrect usages.

my problem was:

we have thousands of machines connect on the server via tcp (the number of
machines might be varied from 3000 to 7000). all connections are long
connection which means server must hold the connections except the network
is broken. each machine send some data per second. when i trying to use
twisted as the server part, i noticed some connections lost after one hour.
I have tried 8.x and 10.20, connections lost still existed; however, this
problem didn't exist anymore with Twisted 11.0. This is the reason i was
curious: what Twisted 11.0 did to solve my problem?

      I noticed the news for 11.0 has one line about IOCP:

*IOCPReactor now sends immediate completions to the main loop (#3233)**
*

I guess it might be the reason. Now the latest version of twisted is working
fine. I really like it.

Regards

GELIN YAN