[Twisted-Python] Where is buildslave configuration?

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Apr 4 07:01:36 MDT 2011

On 07:21 am, techtonik at gmail.com wrote:
>On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 7:32 AM,  <exarkun at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>I tried to find where build slave configuration is stored to see when
>>>7th step was added and remove it
>>>http://buildbot.twistedmatrix.com/builders/winxp32-py2.6-msi/builds/356/steps/shell_3
>>>perhaps together with the 2nd step
>>>http://buildbot.twistedmatrix.com/builders/winxp32-py2.6-msi/builds/356/steps/shell
>>>
>>>Why? Well, because when I change version in  _version.py, the command
>>>`python27 twistd --version` still reports the old value.
>>
>>I don't understand this.  Why do you want to change this
>>configuration?
>>Why do you want to change the version?
>
>I want to stop the version string from being forcefully added to
>copyright.py file during distribution build process. It is already
>imported from twisted module.
>
>Why? I changed version to check that bin/trial uses the correct
>twisted checkout (which it didn't), and to my surprise `bin/trial
>--version` still gave me the number before it was edited in both
>checkout and working copy. That was weird, because in my working copy
>copyright.py doesn't have forceful version override hack and I
>couldn't find it there.

Can you back up and explain the connection to the buildbot?  What is
your ultimate goal, and why does achieving it involve changing Twisted's
build infrastructure?

The *-msi builders are there so we can build release packages for
Windows.  That requires setting the version information the way it's
being set.

Jean-Paul