[Twisted-Python] problems with transport.write

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Thu Apr 28 19:43:23 EDT 2011

On Apr 28, 2011, at 4:18 PM, gary clark wrote:

> Hiya,
>
> I have created a client-server application which uses ssl to communicate.
>
> I am trying to determine if its the server or client. However its definetly sending a string in the connection.transport.write to the target client.

Trying to determine what is the server or the client?

> The majority of the time is sends and receives, but occasionally it fails.

Fails how?

> Is there a way (other than the client sending an ACK with a sequence number in it) to know if the write was successful and if not resend.

If you're using SSL, then you're using TCP, which transparently _does_ send an ACK with a sequence number in it.  You never have to re-send TCP segments at the application layer, that would result in a stream with duplicate data in it.

Please be more specific about the problem you're having, so we can find an answer :).

-g