[Twisted-Python] Question about StreamServerEndpointService

Albert Brandl albert.brandl at weiermayer.com
Tue Apr 26 06:21:42 EDT 2011

Hi!

I have a question regarding `t.a.i.StreamServerEndpointService`. This
class maintains an attribute `_waitingForPort` that holds the deferred
returned by the `listen` method of the endpoint.

If this attribute is None, the method `privilegedStartService` is called
by `startService`, triggering the endpoint's `listen` method (among
other things).

I don't understand why this attribute is not reset to `None` when
`stopService` is executed. With the deferred still around, starting the
service again doesn't seem to work as expected, since it will not call
`privilegedStartService` the second time.

I might be wrong, but this looks like a bug to me. Maybe I didn't
understand how to use this class, though...

Any comments?

Albert
--
Albert Brandl
Weiermayer Solutions GmbH      | Abteistraße 12, A-4813 Altmünster