[Twisted-Python] Twisted Plugins - Implementation Discussion

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 17:21:46 EDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 4:48 AM, Kevin Horn <kevin.horn at gmail.com> wrote:

> cluster****.  So he rewrote distutils with an eye on keeping things nice for
> everyone.  Project managers, distro packagers, users installing software,
> etc.  This is distutils2.  In Python 3.3 and up it will be called
> "packaging".  Once people start using it, it will make a lot of the current
> packaging headaches in the Python world go away.

Are you sure about that? Where is the list of stories it will solve
when people start using it, so I can check that my cases are covered
by distutils2 insurance plan?

> will hopefully go back to being a niche tool.  Also also the Python
> community could use a plugin standard that could replace setuptools'
> entry_points.

ABC classes? Trac components? What is plugin anyway? Discoverable
module on a syspath? Registered entity in package repository? Filename
in %HOMEDIR% that starts with tx.? (autoloaders from PHP5?)
--
anatoly t.