[Twisted-Python] Where is buildslave configuration?

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 03:21:53 EDT 2011

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 7:32 AM,  <exarkun at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

>>I tried to find where build slave configuration is stored to see when
>>7th step was added and remove it
>>http://buildbot.twistedmatrix.com/builders/winxp32-py2.6-msi/builds/356/steps/shell_3
>>perhaps together with the 2nd step
>>http://buildbot.twistedmatrix.com/builders/winxp32-py2.6-msi/builds/356/steps/shell
>>
>>Why? Well, because when I change version in  _version.py, the command
>>`python27 twistd --version` still reports the old value.
>
> I don't understand this.  Why do you want to change this configuration?
> Why do you want to change the version?

I want to stop the version string from being forcefully added to
copyright.py file during distribution build process. It is already
imported from twisted module.

Why? I changed version to check that bin/trial uses the correct
twisted checkout (which it didn't), and to my surprise `bin/trial
--version` still gave me the number before it was edited in both
checkout and working copy. That was weird, because in my working copy
copyright.py doesn't have forceful version override hack and I
couldn't find it there.

--
anatoly t.