[Twisted-Python] Small practice application

Zubin Mithra zubin.mithra at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 23:51:25 MDT 2010

> Hi everyone,
>
> I've decided to write a Tic-Tac-Toe gameserver and client(no biggie, just
> for getting used to twisted as I'm pretty new to it). The gameserver
> facilitates the connection between two clients and maintains the game state.
>
> I'm having trouble deciding how to create factories and protocols for the
> server.

I have made little progress in this regard, please view it here.
http://paste.pocoo.org/show/269325/

I intend to read lines from clients based on the value of
ServerFactory.player in the following manner.

   - In the lineReceived() method. I check the value of self.factory.player.
   If the current instance is the (self.factory.player)th element of
   self.factory.connections. If yes, read the input, parse and make changes to
   the table. This is the basic idea for reading data and detecting which
   client it came from.

However, I am confused on how to write data over to a particular player(0 or
1). Is there any way I could choose to write to a particular object?

zm