[Twisted-Python] Handling too many open file descriptors

Landreville landreville at deadtreepages.com
Mon Sep 27 08:45:56 MDT 2010

I'm running an application that makes about 1300 snmp connections
every minute; I'm using utils.getProcessOutput with snmpget because
pysnmp throws an error when I try to run it. Now of course I get the
Too many open files error, but is the best way to handle this
increasing the limit on Linux or by implementing some sort of queue so
that there are only x number of the snmpget processes at a time? Is
there such a queue feature in twisted?

Thanks,

Jason