[Twisted-Python] Python 3

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Sep 21 15:38:40 MDT 2010

On Sep 21, 2010, at 4:53 PM, Itamar Turner-Trauring wrote:

> No. Supporting Python 3 takes a large amount of effort which, as a mostly
> volunteer driven organization, Twisted cannot afford at the moment.

However, as a volunteer driven organization, you may change this at any time by simply volunteering :).

Something vaguely resembling a transition plan is here: <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/172306/how-are-you-planning-on-handling-the-migration-to-python-3/214601#214601>  (Note especially step 3.)

If you want to become a Twisted developer, just read <http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/TwistedDevelopment> and <http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/ReviewProcess>.

Pick up some existing tickets - in order to work on python 3, we first need to have zero warnings on python 2, so tickets to eliminate warnings are a good place to begin.  <http://bit.ly/easy-twisted-tickets> usually contains some good things for newcomers.

I hope you'll help out!