[Twisted-Python] how to write a safe catch-all

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Sep 29 23:45:30 EDT 2010

On 12:52 am, chris at simplistix.co.uk wrote:

>Because I haven't found any permutation that doesn't result in the
>LoopingCall's calls to `loop` from stopping after the exception.
>
>I would be more than ecstatic to be proved wrong ;-)

You keep saying the LoopingCall stops.  It does not stop.  It is waiting
for a result.  If you provide it with a result, it will proceed.  Glyph
suggested a number of (hackfully) mechanisms you might use to provide it
with a result.  I suggested another way (fix the broken code, or at
least supply enough information for someone else to fix it).

Jean-Paul