[Twisted-Python] reactor for both udp and tcp/ timer issue

Pantelis Theodosiou ypercube at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 15:09:17 EDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 7:55 PM, belk Dj <d_belkhiter at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> I need to communicate with servers over tcp and also communicate with other
> servers over udp.
> It seems not possible to launch two reactor objects one for tcp and one for
> udp.
> The code after a reactor.run is not called.
> How can this can be solved ?

I'm not an expert in any way, but I've made something similar using 2
factories.

I think that it is also possible with one factory that uses 2 protocols.

The code after reactor.run() will be invoked only after the reactor stops.
So, you can have 2 factories, each with a different protocol (1 tcp, 1 udp)
and then start the reactor.

Pandelis